Thursday, April 9, 2015

Daily Five: Word Work



Who doesn't love to use Daily Five? I am so excited to share some of the Word Work options that we use.  I used stamps early on in the year and found out the hard way that a lot of the kiddos weren't ready.  Seriously, I had one girl that ended up with  blue ink all in her blonde hair!  Needless to say, I put away the stamps.  I finally brought them back out and am now using the stamps with play-doh. (Not as messy, in my opinion)
I also went to the dollar store and bought cheap photo album booklets to use for word work.  This one is reviewing specific blends.  I just use old pictures from Saxon and other pictures that I have collected.

 Wiki Stix!!! Love using them to practice our sight words.
I have this posted with my word work supplies to remind the students various ways they can make words.


I have many other things I use for word work like keyboards, magnetic letters, stencils, BOGGLE (probably the classes favorite), play-doh, bulletin board letters (took a lot of work to laminate and cut out but they are cute), foam letters, the list is endless!


Enjoy all!
Amy Jordan
Fantastic First Grade
@fantasticfirstgrade

No comments:

Post a Comment