Monday, June 15, 2015

CODING In Your Classroom

CODING ANYONE?


This past year we were very fortunate to have someone teach technology to our K-2 students.  At first, I couldn't really see 

how this would benefit our students.  I mean they are K-2 kiddos!  By the end of the school year, I was fortunate enough to 

watch this teacher in action and I was blown away!  You see in our school district, we must observe other teachers in our 

ScratchJr Slide 2building throughout the school year and fill
out a form about what we saw, ideas we 

could use, questions we may have, etc.  I 

was so amazed and inspired by what I saw. 

 I didn't even realize how simple coding 

was.  Let me also tell you that I was 

really afraid that this could be a waste 

because the class I was observing had 

many behavior issues.  She used our  #wholebrainteaching techniques and once they settled down, they were off and running. 

 I mean it was so quiet.  If you would like to know more here a few places to visit:  



You can also learn more by visiting  www.edutopia.org

#coding #technologyinyourclassroom #iteachfirst

Happy Days All!!!!

Amy Jordan




No comments:

Post a Comment