Friday, March 27, 2015

#NoWorksheetWednesday "The FINALE"

I am saddened that March is almost ending and we will no longer be linking up for this wonderful concept.  But that's ok because I have continued to use less and less worksheets in my classroom.  This has been an enormously busy week for me.  I'm glad you came to tag along and see what we've been up to in my classroom.  First, we are finishing up our nonstandard measurement unit.  The students had some fun using rulers and measured items in our classroom.



 The students worked on reading our nonfiction story together.  They are doing a super job recognizing the differences between fiction and nonfiction.
 We finally finished "Mr. Popper's Penguins" (Seriously, I thought we were never going to finish) and have begun reading "Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle", I love how she is very silly and adores the students in her neighborhood.  The students worked on visualizing while I read and they drew a picture of what they thought the upside down house looked like.

 We are working on o-e in phonics this week so during work work, the kids used stamps and play-doh to make words.
 Last, the students looked at their accelerated reader chart.  They needed to write down how many more quizzes they thought they could take before Easter.  As you can see, we have lots of bananas hanging out on the 10 and 20 books vine.  This idea came from First Grade Critter Cafe, this lady is fabulous and I am happy to know she lives in Ohio also!  We have tons of great teachers in our state.

 This is our adorable music program titled "Barnyard Moosical".  Those adorable chicks are my first graders.  They were amazing.  We had a lot of first graders with speaking parts and they had to memorize a lot of tough songs.  Best program yet!  We are very fortunate to be able to go to the high school and perform on a stage. By the way that adorable wallet you saw at the top is where the students store their "money" that they earn for different rewards.  Almost all these chicks earned $1 to put in their wallet.  That is their first $1 that they have earned and they were glowing when they received it.

 This is the fabulous Mrs. Box, my favorite music teacher.  She is one amazing music teacher!


 Happy Days Everyone!
Amy Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment